We have moved to GitHub Issues
Created by Sebastiaan Janssen 20 Sep 2017, 09:18:03 Updated by Sebastiaan Janssen 29 Sep 2017, 06:41:28Tags: Unscheduled
Is duplicated by: U4-10433
Is duplicated by: U4-10469
Subtask of: U4-9609
I'm assuming this migrated group is not being converted correctly and I'm not sure why it's necessary. I didn't customize anything in 7.6, the existing admin group is the only one this user should be in anyway.
The items disapear when being checked for assigned permissiong in line 122 in the FilterAllowedOutgoingContentAttribute.cs file. Apparently none of them have anything in their AssignedPermissions property. Publishing the nodes again does not help.
Correct. See above for the workaround.. check the groups your user is assigned to.
Hey. That worked. Didn't read the desciption properly after starting on a linked issue. Sorry, but thanks :)
Related (I'm here because of the 7.6 to 7.7.1 upgrade making list views empty): what are all the Migrated ___ groups? Do i need to keep those? It made like 8 of those groups, and I'm not sure if I'm supposed to enable "Browse nodes" for all of them?
Don't know if this helps, but I see that as an administrator, I was part of several groups (including Administrators). While "Browse nodes" was enabled already for the Administrators group, it wasn't enabled for some of the other newly-created "Migrated ___" groups that I was also in. I would have assumed the Administrators permissions would overrule the other groups, but not the case. Switching "Browse nodes" to true for all the other groups I was in eventually allowed the List View to display correctly.
Are these "migrated" groups necessary? I'm not clear what the purpose of them is or whether they are needed after an upgrade has succeeded? Can they just be deleted?
@DanDiplo The migrated groups are created to denote:
PR for review: https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/pull/2220
The problem is that we were iterating over each permissions set for each user group/entity id combination. So the migrated group doesn't have any default permissions so after looking at the admins permissions (which were fine) it moved on to the migrated group's permissions and since nothing matched it removed that node. This logic is just flawed because we are supposed to be checking against the aggregated permissions across groups for that node. So that is what the fix does and it works as expected.
This almost worked well now, except when you select items (see screenshot) in the list view, you get an error that the item already exists in the dictionary. This is because
GetPermissions returns an
EntityPermissionsCollection with permissions for each user group, so in my case there was a result for the normal admin group (all permissions) and for the same EntityId there was a result with for the permissions for the migrated group (none).
Fixed this in the same way as was done in the
GetAllPermissions method. https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/pull/2220/commits/448a99d5a484d27885de157c3749e696bce47537
The PR wasn't merged but this was marked as fixed ;)
I'll update, i think the code can be simplified since we have a method to do that now
The PR wasn't merged but this was marked as fixed ;) Wat!
Eh... ah, I see, I only pushed my changes to the branch haha sorry!
Cool, simplification looks good indeed, thanks!
Backwards Compatible: True
Affected versions: 7.7.0, 7.7.1
Due in version: 7.7.2
Sprint: Sprint 68
Story Points: 1