We have moved to GitHub Issues
Created by Rune Strand 01 Nov 2017, 16:14:52 Updated by Sebastiaan Janssen 14 Nov 2017, 10:55:57Tags: Unscheduled
Subtask of: U4-9609
What did you do? Requested a content item by guid via contentservice.
var id = 1078; var contentItemById = contentService.GetById(id); var contentItemByKey = contentService.GetById(contentItemById.Key);
What did you expect to happen? to get the content item.
What actually happened? returns null
The kicker here is that I can get the content item by id but not by guid. If I look up the item by guid in db it is there. This is most likely because the id/key map has cached a null result thereby becoming corrupted.
Checking with @zpqrtbnk this is obviously an error. I've merged it in and I don't think we should start backporting anything to 7.6 unless it turns out it is really needed. May cause more trouble than it's worth when the issue is most likely just this mistake.
I'll get this tested on Rune's local copy of the carlsberg site tomorrow to see if it fixes their issue... It is merged for now but will keep it in review until we're done.
I'm going to close this one. We've done several (unsuccessful) attempts on trying to make this fail on a local copy. It seems pretty clear why it was failing so I'm good with skipping more testing on this until it is pushed to the actual live site where we can hopefully see that it no longer fails.
Backwards Compatible: True
Affected versions: 7.6.11
Due in version: 7.7.5, 7.6.12
Sprint: Sprint 71
Story Points: 1