U4-10661 - Urls in translation files are hardcoded to http

Created by OleP 10 Nov 2017, 08:50:55 Updated by Sebastiaan Janssen 10 Nov 2017, 10:38:48

Duplicates: U4-1506

We have a customer that uses the "Send to translation" functionality. I recently installed SSL on the site, which of course means that https should be used. The issue is that the urls in the email template is hardcoded to http.

From the template in /Umbraco/Config/Lang/en.xml: "Go to http://%4%/#/content/content/edit/%5% to edit".

From the email in my inbox: http://example.com:443/umbraco/translation/details.aspx?id=5500

I have a rewrite rule in my web.config, that redirects from http to https, but it seems like the port in the url is causing it to fail. If I change http from https, it works. If I remove the port, it works.

Comments

Sebastiaan Janssen 10 Nov 2017, 10:38:48

That's unfortunate! Apparently this has been an issue for a long time, see U4-1506

You must be using the wrong redirect rules though because when I try clicking the link it works fine for me, here's the redirects I'm using, try it out:


Priority: Minor

Type: Localization

State: Duplicate

Assignee:

Difficulty: Normal

Category: Localization

Backwards Compatible: True

Fix Submitted:

Affected versions: 7.5.7, 7.7.4

Due in version:

Sprint:

Story Points:

Cycle: