We have moved to GitHub Issues
Created by Andreas Iseli 06 Mar 2013, 10:06:24 Updated by Andreas Iseli 05 Apr 2013, 09:45:21
Relates to: U4-1849
Relates to: U4-1921
I'm sorry, but there exists still another document type properties problem when deploying a package. I've already talked with Morten about the fix in 6.0.2 and could solve the most problems, but there is still one that merges properties into the wrong document type after the deployment of a package.
Prefix: I've recreated allof my document types within a fresh v6.0.2 installation, created the package and deployed it into another fresh v6.0.2 installation. So there are no more leaks and errors from my earlier v6.0.1 installation.
Consider the following scenario:
Now we create a package with those two document types and the template. We deploy the package to a fresh installation and we navigate to the document types and will see the following errors:
Conclusion: So the problem here is that I'm loosing all properties of a child document type that are assigned to an inherited tab. Instead they move to the parent document type during the deployment which should not happen.
Notes: I've had a look into the package.xml and there everything is fine.
Just a little remark: As far as I can remember that one worked in 6.0.0 before the document type corrections / bugfixes done in 6.0.1 and 6.0.2.
@Morten: This seems to be the same behaviour as discussed within http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-1832 when importing a document type that has a master (which is already existing) and when saving the document type again after importing, the properties from the child document type jump into the tab of the master document type and are no more available on the child.
Would be handy if you could attach your exported document types / the package you made so we can dive right in.
I'm going to create a shortened package for you and will then upload it. I just noticed that, when only the document types are in the package, the error does not occur. Interesting... but when deploying the full package, the document types are mixed. There will be something else and I'm going to have a deeper look.
Okay i got it. The error only occurs when using package actions that are modifying the web.config file.
I've attached a package example and also my package containing the package actions you will require to be able to install the erroring package.
I've done several more tests and deployed my package without package actions. Unfortunately the occurs again after publishing the first page depending upon an document type that inherits from "BasicPage" :(
Edit: May perhaps also depend upon the mandatory property "websiteTitle" within the child document Type "StartPage".
I think this is another thing we missed with regards to the Document Type changes in 6.0.1/6.0.2. Seeing as the package installer uses the legacy code to create new content/doc types etc. it will not fully respect the updated rules when creating inherited doc types (primarily the association between property types and groups/tabs).
Hope my information will help you to thrill down the problem. If you need more information then just tell me.
I'm seeing the same issue. I've changed a property from mandatory to not mandatory, but I get the "publishing cancelled by third party add in" error when I try to publish this kind of content. I upgraded my solution from 6.0.0 to 6.0.2 yesterday, and this worked before my upgrade..
Just a little question: What is the plan for this bug? It unfortunately prevents us from going live.
We'll get to it as soon as time permits. We're a very small time with limited time though... At this point we can't give you any estimate, sorry.
I've tried to figure it out myself, but that part is really complex. If someone can point me to the right direction I'll try to help you :)
Hi Andreas, I have spent the last couple of days diving into the Packager in Umbraco and the installation of the various data that can be packaged up as xml. I used the package.xml you provided as well as xml from uBlogsy and the Standard Mvc Starterkit to verify that the new import methods work as expected. So hopefully this latest nightly build will fix the issues you have experienced with packaging document types. And the import dialog in the DocumentTypes tree has also been updated. http://nightly.umbraco.org/umbraco%206.0.3/UmbracoCms.6.0.3-build.13.zip
Let me know if this works for you.
Hi Morten. Thanks again for your hard work. I'm on holiday the next days so I will test it next week! Just wanted to let you know.
Hi Morten. I've tested and verified everything, it's all working fine now. Thanks again for your hard work.
Assignee: Morten Christensen
Backwards Compatible: True
Affected versions: 6.0.2
Due in version: 6.0.3