U4-1952 - umbracoSettings.config - urlReplacing should include capitalized characters

Created by Douglas Robar 19 Mar 2013, 11:58:54 Updated by Bjarne Fyrstenborg 27 Feb 2018, 09:24:50

Is duplicated by: U4-4543

Is duplicated by: U4-8288

Is duplicated by: U4-11012

Relates to: U4-750

The following international characters are replaced:

  <char org="æ">ae</char>
  <char org="ø">oe</char>
  <char org="å">aa</char>
  <char org="ä">ae</char>
  <char org="ö">oe</char>
  <char org="ü">ue</char>
  <char org="ß">ss</char>
  <char org="Ä">ae</char>
  <char org="Ö">oe</char>

You'll notice that (some of) the umlaut'd characters have both a lowercase and uppercase entry. The 'æ' and 'å' entries should have capitalized entries as well.

Comments

Funka! 16 Oct 2013, 03:29:02

I always found the default set of characters that comes with the stock install to be disappointingly thin. Here's the bare minimum I start with, which I realize itself is still pretty thin:

a a a a ae aa ae c e e e e i i i i n o o o o oe
oe u u u ue

a a a a ae ae ae c e e e e i i i i n o o o o oe oe u u u ue


Mads Krohn 17 Nov 2014, 12:15:26

It would make a lot more sense, imo, to just lowercase the url before doing the char replacement.


Peter Bille Larsen 04 May 2017, 14:30:35

IMO should just be standard. Same effect almost.

Forum: https://our.umbraco.org/forum/using-umbraco-and-getting-started/85497-url-problem-with-

Getting some problems with standard umbraco installation 7.5.13:

Sharing on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php?u=http://www.mysite.com/nyheder/%25C3%25A5rets-millionaerer/

"%25C3%25A5" is the "Å", converted from umbraco.

Also when making a feed from umbraco with standard urlconfig, I get from W3:

Sorry This feed does not validate. line 1, column 5428: http://www.mysite.com/nyheder/årets-gevinst (9 occurrences)

That's because the W3 standard doesnt support "å" in the URL. This could be a problem for people using Umbraco for blogging. Since their rss-feed will be invalid.

The general fix to this problem is, as a standard, to include: in umbracoconfig


Bjarne Fyrstenborg 27 Feb 2018, 09:24:50

Usually I add at least the following to ensure the Danish letter æ, ø and å are replaced in same way for uppercase and lowercase characters.

<urlReplacing removeDoubleDashes="false" toAscii="false">
    <char org="Æ">ae</char>
    <char org="Ø">oe</char>
    <char org="Å">aa</char>
    <char org="æ">ae</char>
    <char org="ø">oe</char>
    <char org="å">aa</char>
    <char org="é">e</char>
</urlReplacing>


Priority: Normal

Type: Bug

State: Submitted

Assignee:

Difficulty: Very Easy

Category: Architecture

Backwards Compatible: True

Fix Submitted:

Affected versions: 7.5.13

Due in version:

Sprint:

Story Points:

Cycle: