We have moved to GitHub Issues
Created by Steven Lemmens 17 Jun 2013, 09:43:45 Updated by Laurence Gillian 17 Oct 2013, 16:00:31
Relates to: U4-2326
in a blank install of 6.1, the tiny mce (datatype: richtext editor) doesn't work in Google Chrome. Simply nothing appears.
Several people on the forum have reported the same problem here: http://our.umbraco.org/projects/website-utilities/ucommerce/ucommerce-support/41647-Tiny-MCE-Error
A colleague told me he has the same problem in 4.11.9, so I guess something went wrong in the last update.
I had the same problem. To resolve it I removed the following from the web.config. I believe it was introduced by the latest round of security enhancements.
<httpProtocol> <customHeaders> <remove name="X-Powered-By"/> </customHeaders> </httpProtocol>
Possibly related/root cause: We hade a few client that were getting tinyMCE editor errors after a recent upgrade of Umbraco to 4.11x. The problem turned out to be their internet security filter/viruse scanner software was blocking one of the tinyMCE scripts as malicious/viral. I am assuming theres not actually bad code in there but rather that the scaners just don't like it. We had them unblock the domain and everything started working.
I just had Chrome report a very popular website as malware. Maybe it's an issue with a recent Chrome update and not with a recent Umbraco update?
in our case it wasn't the browser but security software, but still strange.
Tried Josiah fix but to no avail
I have two installations of 6.1.1 running locally on my machine and TinyMCE works on one but not the other. I found that the site running under proper IIS works but the site running under the VS 2010 Cassini dev server does not.
Strangely, the editor works in Firefox. I inspected the network traffic under Firefox, which doesn't seem to call this tinymce3tinymceCompress.aspx file like Chrome does?
The error is not showing in IE, but when you try to save the richtext content you get the Umbraco error:
A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (ctl00$body$prop_bodyText="<p style="font: 10px...").
This must means that TinyCE hasn't been loaded properly in IE either.
Solved the issue in IE by adding requestValidationMode="2" attribute to the httpRuntime in Web.config:
Patrisce your issue is something completely different and indeed needs to be fixed the way you did it. Can the others please confirm that they're using either Cassini (Visual Studio Development server) or IIS6? I think the issue is the same as U4-2326.
I was using Cassini at the time when I noticed this.
I have the same problem on a IIS 6 installation. Works fine under firefox but under chrome there's an error: [PlatformNotSupportedException]: This operation requires IIS integrated pipeline mode. from the file tinymce3/tinymce3tinymceCompress.aspx
Have same problem using Chrome / 6.1.1 / IIS6: 'TinyMCE not defined' JS error alongside 'This operation requires IIS integrated pipeline mode.' error in Umbraco log. (The RTE displays in IE despite the response.Headers incompatibility issue?)
The browser difference is because of the way the browsers ask for gzip compression (or don't). We'll have new builds out next week that solve the IIS6/Cassini problem (fix is in U4-2326) which should also make TinyMCE work again. Thanks for the reports back and thank you for your patience!
Great! thanks a lot, Sebastiaan!
I have the same problem on our test site with Umbraco v6.0.6 where the richtext box control is not showing only on Google Chrome. But initially it was there that's why I was able to put in the text content but not sure when it happened.
I had this issue pop up in 6.1.1 too
The fix resolved the issue for us.
We found everything worked nicely with IIS Express, but the error occurred in our production environments. Running Windows Server 2008, IIS 7.5.
Backwards Compatible: True
Affected versions: 6.1.1, 4.11.9
Due in version: 6.0.7, 4.11.10