U4-2433 - Publish at/Remove at Not Respected

Created by Brian Powell 28 Jun 2013, 05:08:05 Updated by Sebastiaan Janssen 22 Jul 2013, 13:30:13

Relates to: U4-2055

I'm using the "Publish at" and "Remove at" features to pre-schedule headlines on my site in Umbraco 6.1.1. These used to work fine under 4.x, but I noticed they don't seem to work under 6.1.1. I have the times set, but the pages were not published or removed at the specified times.

Comments

Sören Deger 04 Jul 2013, 14:37:06

Same issue in 6.1.2


Ian 11 Jul 2013, 10:00:46

I wonder if this is related to: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-2055

Which is present in Umbraco 6.1.1 - items are being removed - but not at the correct times!


Martin Griffiths 11 Jul 2013, 10:44:34

I've raised the priority on this in the hope it's fixed in 6.1.3, can someone working on the core acknowledge this will be fixed in the next version?


Sebastiaan Janssen 18 Jul 2013, 15:13:06

I would REALLY appreciate it if some of you with this issue could test this on the latest nightly, I hope it's fixed with the fix for U4-2055 but I can't reproduce the issue myself. We're releasing 6.1.3 in a week and I would really love to close this one as fixed before then. If anybody has 15 minutes to check it out that would be MUCH appreciated!

The nightly is available at: http://nightly.umbraco.org/umbraco%206.1.3/UmbracoCms.6.1.3-build.11.zip


Sebastiaan Janssen 18 Jul 2013, 15:14:10

(remember that publish at/remove at is not accurate to the second, so it could be 1 minute early / late).


Sebastiaan Janssen 19 Jul 2013, 09:53:26

6.1.3 is out on July 25th, Thursday next week. I would really like to mark this issue as Fixed before that time (and if it's not, we need some time to investigate and debug). Is anybody who can reproduce the issue up for testing the nightly?


Brian Powell 19 Jul 2013, 11:56:43

I'm going to test it out later this morning. I didn't have time to get to it yesterday.


Sebastiaan Janssen 19 Jul 2013, 13:56:58

Thanks Brian, if you have any hints on how to repro the issue that would be appreciated as well. Mostly interested in combinations of: windows locale, sql (user?) locale and backoffice user locale. If I can build a VM that has this problem before the nightly then I can also test other potential datetime problems.


Brian Powell 19 Jul 2013, 14:22:32

@Sebastiaan: It looks like the nightly build fixes the issue. I tried publish at only, remove at only, publish at with remove at, and on both existing and new pages. Everything seemed to work as expected.

I'm running IIS 7 with en-US locale, the backoffice user with en-US language, and MySQL 5.6.11 with en_US locale.

Reproducing the problem on stock 6.1.2 is easy. Take a published page and specify a "remove at" time. It remains published after that time - even weeks after. Add a "publish at" time to an unpublished page and it never gets published.


Sebastiaan Janssen 22 Jul 2013, 06:59:23

Thanks Brian, good to learn that it's now working for you in the en_US locale with your backwards dates.. ;-) And thanks for the info, I'll be setting up a virtual machine with that config to do further testing on in the future.


Ian 22 Jul 2013, 13:25:37

I've also test the nightly and the date issue does appear to have been resolved. Items are being unpublished at the times expected, even with the Database user locale being set to "British"


Sebastiaan Janssen 22 Jul 2013, 13:30:13

Thanks for the extra test Ian, happy to hear it's resolved!


Priority: Critical

Type: Bug

State: Fixed

Assignee:

Difficulty: Normal

Category:

Backwards Compatible: True

Fix Submitted:

Affected versions: 6.1.1, 6.1.2

Due in version: 6.1.3

Sprint:

Story Points:

Cycle: