We have moved to GitHub Issues
Created by Sam Mullins 09 Sep 2013, 08:06:47 Updated by Shannon Deminick 21 Jun 2017, 07:58:15
When adding a tab to an area in dashboard.config there seems to be a case sensitive match where everything must be in lowercase.
I created a custom "siteExporter" section by creating a class that implements IApplication.
[Application("siteExporter", "Site Exporter", "tray-icon.png", 10)]
public class SiteExporterApplication : IApplication
public SiteExporterApplication () }
I then wanted to add a tab to this section by adding the following code to the config/dashboard.config file.
Pretty simple stuff, but it didn't work.
Curiously, if I added this tab to the content section it worked fine.
As it worked in the content tab but not in my custom one I concluded that the problem must be with my custom section, not the tab and usercontrol I want to put in.
Finally I noticed a tiny detail.
content media settings developer users members
My section name was two words combined into camel case. Happy to try anything to work out this weird bug I changed siteExporter to siteexporter; it worked!
Closing issue due to inactivity - see blog post for details https://umbraco.com/blog/issue-tracker-cleanup/
Backwards Compatible: True
Affected versions: 6.1.5
Due in version: