We have moved to GitHub Issues
Created by Bruce Newton 09 Sep 2013, 23:40:59 Updated by Shannon Deminick 21 Jun 2017, 07:58:15
I have upgraded our site from 4.11.8 to 6.1.5, however some of the front end razor macros are failing due to invalid date strings in the Examine indexes (ie. DateTime.Parse(r.Fields["createDate"]) fails whereas it used to successfully parse the date string). On further investigation, in the 4.11.8 version, createDate and updateDate are stored in format yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ss (and i've also checked this to be the same in Umbraco 6.0.0). However, in v6.1.5 (also 6.1.3 and 6.1.4, i haven't looked at any others) these dates are stored in yyyyMMddHmmssFFF format.
Although this could be handled by modifying the razor macros, i have also noticed that the stored date format for custom document properties with type DatePicker remains the same as it used to be as yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ss, leading me to believe that the changes to the createDate and updateDate format may not be intentional.
Closing issue due to inactivity - see blog post for details https://umbraco.com/blog/issue-tracker-cleanup/
Assignee: Shannon Deminick
Backwards Compatible: True
Affected versions: 6.1.5
Due in version: