U4-3687 - Umbraco 7 Packaging Issues

Created by Ahmed Abdul Moniem 25 Nov 2013, 04:40:58 Updated by Shannon Deminick 04 Dec 2013, 04:30:12

1 - I have some content on Umbraco 7 RC wanted to import them to Umbraco 7 Final

Issue #1: I packaged one of my datatypes => it is a drop down with some prevalues .. I didn't see the prevalues now in the datatype page althought (I think) they are still in database

Issue #2: I packaged one of my content nodes which is using one of my document types which include the previous dropdown .. the value which was selected in old umbraco it is not selected in the new umbraco and the package wizard refused to publish those nodes because this field was required.

Issue #3: Created the package and one of the issues were when I tried to select a dll from the bin folder there wasn't any scroll bar

Comments

Ahmed Abdul Moniem 27 Nov 2013, 09:27:35

Hi .. This issue is so important .. can you please find a fix for this soon?

Because I am trying to package some of my work to a newly site and it makes some of the issues reported above ..

This means on every package I should edit them manually .. and this is error prone.

Thanks for your efforts ..


Shannon Deminick 28 Nov 2013, 05:57:44

I've fixed the data type issue in 7f305db637c4fb1e9cea7a0d69b8e4af238c5258

looking at the content issue now - which may have been related to the data type issue.


Ahmed Abdul Moniem 28 Nov 2013, 06:21:30

Thank you .. can you give me a hint how to get this changeset?


Shannon Deminick 28 Nov 2013, 06:23:52

You can get the source from github (https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS) and compile, or you can wait till the nightly is out @ http://nightly.umbraco.org/umbraco%207.0.1/


Shannon Deminick 04 Dec 2013, 04:04:29

I've just tested creating a package that contains a custom data type, custom document type which has a property of the custom data type and a content item based on this custom document type with a saved value. I've exported the package, deleted all of these entities from my install and installed the package and everything worked. I can only assume then that issue #2 was caused by issue #1


Shannon Deminick 04 Dec 2013, 04:30:06

This is all fixed now, the last scroll bar fix is in ad52b863360edcb1c4e033f0eedcb43b555d476f


Priority: Critical

Type: Bug

State: Fixed

Assignee: Shannon Deminick

Difficulty: Normal

Category:

Backwards Compatible: True

Fix Submitted:

Affected versions: 7.0.0

Due in version: 7.0.1

Sprint:

Story Points:

Cycle: