We have moved to GitHub Issues
Created by Sebastiaan Janssen 19 Aug 2012, 14:51:35 Updated by Sebastiaan Janssen 11 Sep 2013, 18:22:48
In our backend we are missing 2 nodes. The strange thing is that if I sort the nodes I can see the 2 nodes. The 2 nodes we are missing have the same name. Could this cause a problem? We first deleted the first node and than recreated it with the same name and now we don't see them both.
More info and screenshots: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/core/general/17462-Missing-nodes-in-backend
''Originally created on CodePlex by [jbreuer|http://www.codeplex.com/site/users/view/jbreuer]'' on 3/10/2011 5:37:11 PM [Codeplex ID: 30154 - Codeplex Votes: 8]
''Comment by [theplastictoy|http://www.codeplex.com/site/users/view/theplastictoy] on 3/10/2011 6:58:13 PM:'' We are also having the same problem, and it's described here: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/core/general/17462-Missing-nodes-in-backend?p=1#comment68793
"Just spent the last hour working on this. Apparently was an entry in cmsContentVersion that didn't have a match anywhere else. Deleted it and everything is fine.
I did try the Content Management package, and that's how I found the orphaned version. The package found the node, but couldn't delete or unpublish it due to missing content version.
''Comment by [Myster|http://www.codeplex.com/site/users/view/Myster] on 7/13/2011 7:17:48 AM:'' I tried using the content management package to delete the item and had this exception:
Server Error in '/' Application.
No Document exists with Version '95e47be1-bae8-48ea-8262-47a594d44310'
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: No Document exists with Version '95e47be1-bae8-48ea-8262-47a594d44310'
An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
[ArgumentException: No Document exists with Version '95e47be1-bae8-48ea-8262-47a594d44310'] umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Document.setupNode() +487 umbraco.cms.businesslogic.CMSNode..ctor(Int32 Id) +36 ContentMaintenanceDashboard.Helpers.UmbracoHelper.DeleteItem(Int32 id) +37 ContentMaintenanceDashboard.ContentMaintenanceDashboard.DeleteButton_Command(Object sender, CommandEventArgs e) +22 System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e) +115 System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +167 System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10 System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13 System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5563
Pretty old issue. If this is still happening in recent versions please re-open with steps to reproduce.
Backwards Compatible: True
Due in version: