U4-4287 - Missing characters for some culture names

Created by Bjarne Fyrstenborg 24 Feb 2014, 11:29:40 Updated by Sebastiaan Janssen 20 Aug 2014, 13:18:19

I noticed that for some culture names the right characters are missing.

I also noticed that for English it's named Engelsk (USA), but for other languages English (...)

I find it a bit confusing that mixing different iso-code formats in the same dropdown.. e.g.:

okay, you can see the difference because the first one is using the country name in parentheses.. but how about this?

The first two - how do you see the difference without looking in the source code? :)

Should culture codes based on xx-XX maybe be grouped in one part of the dropdown and culture codes based on xx be grouped together? Or should they be text indicate the culture code?

Some languages begin with a capital letter others don't (this is more cosmetics, but creates inconsistency).

3 Attachments

Comments

Sebastiaan Janssen 20 Aug 2014, 12:50:45

Commit made by '''Sebastiaan Janssen''' on ''2014-08-20T14:50:31+02:00'' https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/commit/ee2410ebe270a5f490efc372ff57ece9ea85c062

Fixed #U4-4287 Due in version 7.1.5

Added the locale name after each language so you know what exactly you're picking


Sebastiaan Janssen 20 Aug 2014, 12:51:51

Nothing I can do about the names not being printable, it's because we don't have the proper mongolian fonts installed. :)


Sebastiaan Janssen 20 Aug 2014, 12:52:55

Also, there's neutral languages in the list because there was demand for it: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-2206 so I've left them there.


Priority: Normal

Type: Bug

State: Fixed

Assignee:

Difficulty: Normal

Category:

Backwards Compatible: True

Fix Submitted:

Affected versions: 7.1.0, 7.0.3, 7.0.4

Due in version: 7.1.5

Sprint:

Story Points:

Cycle: