We have moved to GitHub Issues
Created by Mathew Evans 30 Apr 2014, 16:44:56 Updated by Thomas Gram 24 Nov 2016, 17:58:36
Works fine when running on my local machine
Doesn't work when installed on Windows Server 2008r2
keep getting these errors on the browser console
GET http://sfm.local/umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Authentication/IsAuthenticated 400 (Bad Request) angular.min.js:106
POST http://sfm.local/umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Authentication/PostLogin 400 (Bad Request) angular.min.js:106
been asked to raise and error by Jan Skovgaard and reference the forum post which is : http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-7/using-umbraco-7/50407-Login-failed-for-user-in-Umbraco-7
The error means that your password is wrong. Is the connectionstring on the server correct? If Umbraco can't connect to the database it can not validate your password.
Hi Sebastian Its not a password issue. if i use my laptop install on the remote database it still works.
There is something up with permissions i think but i did follow the documentation on permission which is linked in the forum post from Jan
I've encountered this same problem while running a fresh install of 7.1.4.
The confusion was around the difference between a user name and a user login. Previously the install wizard has made this distinction much clearer. 7.1.4 uses the email address requested at the first setup page as the login. This is where a lot of the grief will probably lie for users.
I encountered the same problem, and it turned out to be a lowercase rule in the IIS URL rewrite module. Umbraco, for some reason, have some casesensitivity. I found a workaround at http://www.wiliam.com.au/wiliam-blog/iis-url-redirects-to-lowercase-and-umbraco-cms
I have some solutions that often break the login. After retouching the web.config it usually works again. Big annoyance!
I have just been banging my head against a wall with this for an hour. Turns out it had to do with the url, and not the server.
In this case, i was using example.com/umbraco , instead of example.com/Umbraco . Never happened to me before. The lowercase url would simply keep throwing errors like the ones submitted above.
State: Can't Reproduce
Backwards Compatible: True
Due in version: