U4-4942 - Widget disappears in RTE when there is a space in the macro alias

Created by Jorg van Rossem 19 May 2014, 11:58:33 Updated by EMO 22 Jun 2015, 13:24:29

Is duplicated by: U4-5579

Is duplicated by: U4-6323

Relates to: U4-4763

Widget will not render in RTE when there is a space in the macro alias.

Also the widget disappears after publishing. only the line below will show in code but its not working.

the line in the code view of the rich text editor shows this:

when i removed the space in the alias the macro worked

1 Attachments

Comments

Arie 21 Jul 2014, 00:39:16

Same problem when the alias contains a hyphen ("-").

The widget doesn't just disappear from the RTE, upon saving/publishing a second time the widget is also no longer on the page (probably since it wasn't part of the RTE when it was saved again).


Sebastiaan Janssen 05 Mar 2015, 14:52:32

This also happens if you use [ and ] in your alias. Basically I'd try to avoid using any special characters in macro aliases.


Shannon Deminick 05 Mar 2015, 23:55:53

IIRC when you create a new macro in the back office it cleans the alias so it doesn't contain invalid chars? Perhaps all these issues are from older macros before we started doing that?


Sebastiaan Janssen 06 Mar 2015, 09:30:20

Yeah, it does seem to clean special characters. So it's either older macro's or people entering invalid characters manually, sometimes that seems to get cleaned again, but I'm able to enter characters that don't get cleaned.


Bart Plasmeijer 09 Mar 2015, 09:37:24

I had no special characters but after removing the marcos and adding them again solved my problem.


Shannon Deminick 12 Mar 2015, 02:02:05

Pretty sure this PR might fix this: https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/pull/613


Shannon Deminick 18 Mar 2015, 08:53:08

Fixed in rev: 37b219f6e18940e91bec842a999ed8334582c2e8


Miguel Pinto 09 Apr 2015, 12:22:34

This should have been marked as a breaking change. Most people won't probably notice the change you made but if you are creating macros through the macro service and use alias "common.navigation" you'd expect the macro to have this alias and not "commonnavigation"!!!!


Shannon Deminick 10 Apr 2015, 00:24:50

We clean aliases in all places at the service/model level for all aliases, you could call this an un-breaking change if you wanted since it should have been like that from the beginning.


EMO 22 Jun 2015, 13:24:29

Thanks @Shandem I tried out 7.3 beta and the issue is resolved, although in my case I had no special characters in the macro alias.


Priority: Normal

Type: Bug

State: Fixed

Assignee: Shannon Deminick

Difficulty: Normal

Category:

Backwards Compatible: True

Fix Submitted: Pull request

Affected versions: 7.1.4

Due in version: 7.2.3

Sprint:

Story Points:

Cycle: