U4-5578 - MNTP with root node, recursive output

Created by Michael Law 02 Oct 2014, 20:47:08 Updated by Sebastiaan Janssen 09 Oct 2014, 19:49:53

Is duplicated by: U4-5625

I upgraded from 7.1.4 to 7.1.7 and this issue appeared.

Standard config applies for MNTP, with no root node selected the output is fine. With root node selected it recursively outputs the same level on expand of child nodes.

Response below seems a bit weird.

http://dev.loyalty.cms.yomego.com/umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoTrees/ContentTree/GetNodes?id=1252&application=content&tree=content&isDialog=true&startNodeId=1251

)]}', {"isContainer":false,"children":[{"parentId":"1251","hasChildren":true,"nodeType":null,"routePath":"#","childNodesUrl":"/umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoTrees/ContentTree/GetNodes?id=1252&application=content&tree=content&isDialog=true&startNodeId=1251","menuUrl":"/umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoTrees/ContentTree/GetMenu?id=1252&application=content&tree=content&isDialog=true&startNodeId=1251","iconIsClass":true,"iconFilePath":,"cssClasses":[],"name":"Phones","id":"1252","icon":"icon-tags","key":"00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000","alias":null,"path":null,"metaData":{"contentType":"ProductFolder","application":"content","tree":"content","isDialog":"true","startNodeId":"1251"}}],"parentId":null,"hasChildren":false,"nodeType":null,"routePath":null,"childNodesUrl":"/umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoTrees/ContentTree/GetNodes?id=-1&application=content&tree=content&isDialog=true&startNodeId=1251","menuUrl":"/umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoTrees/ContentTree/GetMenu?id=-1&application=content&tree=content&isDialog=true&startNodeId=1251","iconIsClass":true,"iconFilePath":,"cssClasses":[],"name":"Content","id":"-1","icon":"icon-folder-close","key":"00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000","alias":null,"path":null,"metaData":{"treeAlias":"content","application":"content","tree":"content","isDialog":"true","startNodeId":"1251"}}

5 Attachments

Comments

Sebastiaan Janssen 03 Oct 2014, 04:25:55

So what is different between the previous version and this version?


Michael Law 03 Oct 2014, 05:50:40

Followed standard upgrade paths, new dlls, updated umbraco & umbraco_client directories and compared *.configs. Standard stuff.


Sebastiaan Janssen 03 Oct 2014, 05:55:23

What behavior in the MNTP is different between the previous version and this version please?


Michael Law 03 Oct 2014, 06:20:15

When I pick a start node in the config on any MNTP, after load when I click to expand the child nodes, the nodes loaded are the same parent node I just clicked. It recursively loads the same node level time and again.

If I remove the start node from the MNTP config, the tree expands as expected.

There are 5 screenshots which show the outputs attached.


Vishal Gangaram Panday 03 Oct 2014, 13:01:52

I just upgraded from 7.1.6 to 7.1.7 and almost all my MNTP show the same problem as Micheal Law described... meaning all MNTP which have a start node (by selecting a node or by giving a xpath query for the startnode)...

This is critical as we are about to go live soon for the client, and now all MNTP's are broken.


Sebastiaan Janssen 03 Oct 2014, 13:12:48

Make sure to roll back to your 7.1.6 backup if this is affecting you. You can also roll back by copying the 7.1.6 DLLs into the bin folder and setting the version to 7.1.6 in your web.config.


Vishal Gangaram Panday 03 Oct 2014, 13:30:17

sure... but i hope you can reproduce this and come with a quickfix, because the memory fix in 7.1.7 is very handy aswell.


Andy Butland 03 Oct 2014, 21:00:55

We were upgrading today and found the same result. Have had a look and have provided a PR with a fix: https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/pull/500


Kenneth Solberg 04 Oct 2014, 19:31:29

Same result here.


Shannon Deminick 07 Oct 2014, 01:47:33

The problem all along has been how the tree picker has been sending up tree arguments. When requesting a custom start node for an app, that parameter was only ever supposed to be sent up once, not multiple times. Initially I updated the JS to remove this custom param on subsequent requests - but the actual simple fix is in the UrlHelperExtensions.GetTreeUrl method, which just excludes the TreeQueryStringParameters.StartNodeId query string from being appended to the URL to get a child node.

initially fixed in rev: b60e292d5f1c53c73fe32fca2273edae955e81ca and fixed in a nicer way in rev: 8824ab2b277bccb072a2f04541fc96870c52530d


Priority: Critical

Type: Bug

State: Fixed

Assignee: Shannon Deminick

Difficulty: Normal

Category:

Backwards Compatible: True

Fix Submitted: Pull request

Affected versions: 7.1.7

Due in version: 7.1.8

Sprint:

Story Points:

Cycle: