We have moved to GitHub Issues
Created by Adrian A 09 Dec 2014, 12:35:33 Updated by Claus Jensen 13 Jan 2016, 13:29:53
We are running Umbraco 7.14 with 27 plus websites running inside it.
Recently, several of the newer set up websites in this single Umbraco instance have been un-publishing itself at random times.
The webpages that are getting unpublished sit in a folder, and I know the parent folder needs to be published otherwise I get the following message:
“Oops: this document is published but is not in the cache (internal error)”.
However that doesn’t explain why sometimes the whole website gets unpublished, and why other times, some of the web pages on the websites get unpublished by itself. We can’t afford random downtimes on any of our websites because they are business critical. Sometimes sites will unpublish at 2am and it doesn't get fixed until the next morning.
I’ve tried switching on umbraco logging by enabling it in log4net.config, but it doesn’t report any exceptions/errors.
Does anybody have any idea why this is happening please?
We have a similar problem, pages on sites randomly becoming unpublished and showing the “Oops: this document is published but is not in the cache (internal error)”. This make running one instance of Umbraco with multiple sites very unstable. We are also running 7.1.4
I have the same issue. See more details here: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-7/using-umbraco-7/59412-Pages-unpublishing-by-themselves
We are having the same problem on 7.3.4, the documents disappear from the
We've noticed that the disappearing documents are documents which have a version that are not published.
By looking at the source code, it looks like the problem is because
ContentRepository.GetPagedResultsByQuery which always adds
newest=1 to the generated SQL query. This breaks if there are versions that are published and not newest.
This can be reproduced by changing a property value on a published document, saving it without publishing. Then pres the
FIX button on the
Xml Data Integrity Report dashboard, now the documents isn't in the the
cmsContentXml table anymore.
@rasmusjp That sounds very similar to the fix I implemented for this issue: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-6322
Thanks everyone, I've reproduced this issue in a test which is great. Now that I really understand the issue I can review @JJCLane's PR and have this all fixed up for 7.3.5
The fix for this is the same for this: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-6322
PR for review: https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/pull/1018
Backwards Compatible: True
Affected versions: 7.1.4, 7.3.4
Due in version: 7.3.5
Sprint: Sprint 6