We have moved to GitHub Issues
Created by Tito 27 Jan 2015, 13:28:40 Updated by Bobi 21 Jun 2018, 00:30:18
I have just installed Umbraco on a hosting, just a customized blank installation of Umbraco 7.2.1 using SQL CE Database. After installing and setting the permissions everything is ok but when i try to enter the backoffice at /umbraco it does not load. Inspecting with Google Chrome i see the loading of Client Dependency handler is pending forever. Then i thought was a permissions matter, so i have set write permissions to all folders and it still does not load. After reading this blog post: http://blog.dampee.be/post/2011/10/10/Umbraco-deployment-issues-ClientDependency-error-gone-with-debug3dtrue-on-IIS7-(SOLVED).aspx
Setting debug="true" solves the issue, but i think this is a workaround and it doesnt really solve it. As the blog post says i have checked the http handlers section in webserver and it seems ok.
Having same issue. Have you found a workaround yet?
Nothing, i have left debug=true :(
Just fixed it.
Our rewriting rules were catching the URL it was sending to, and we were redirecting it to our 404 page.
Helped me figure out what it was.
Could you explain exactly how you fixed it? I have added this to my web.config but having the same issue:
I had a similar issues with the backoffice not loading and ClientDependency throwing 404 or 500 errors. My issue was due to a package manifest that was loading assets with a query string. By removing the query string or the package, I was able to finally access the backoffice.
@Tito, so I added a similar rule. To be honest, I don't completely understand the precedence of rewriting rules for ASP.NET, so I added in the section (same as you) to the web.config, but our custom rewriting to get the SPA to work was overriding it. Ultimately, it was our 404 detection rewrite rules that was the culprit, located in our ApplicationEventHandler.cs file (OnApplicationStarted event hook is where we registered the rules). I suspect that the ApplicationEventHandler was firing before the web.config rewrite rules were detected, so our 404 handler would route before anything else.
For our app, I simply added in an explicit route to the dependencyhandler, which was registered before the 404 detector (relevant code in the image below, located in the ApplicationEventHandler.cs file).
In my case it was a fresh installation, with no customization. It only happens on my customer server so i think it is something with the IIS7 configuration... i have left debug=true :(
So, just to conclude: problems were due to rewrite rules and Matthew had a problem with querystrings which is now fixed for the upcoming 7.2.3. So I'm going to close this issue.
Same issue with me under 7.10.4 --> https://our.umbraco.org/forum/using-umbraco-and-getting-started/92534-dependencyaxd-issue-umbraco-7104
Actually, Shannon answered this question here: https://github.com/Shazwazza/ClientDependency/issues/142
Backwards Compatible: True
Due in version: