We have moved to GitHub Issues
Created by Shane Marsden 06 Mar 2015, 14:24:19 Updated by Tom Pipe 25 Aug 2015, 08:58:02
=What did you do?=
Upgraded existing working 7.2.1 project Tried to pick an image using a media picker in the following locations *rich-text editor (standalone) *rich-text editor (in grid) *macro with image property *macro with image property as grid item
Attempted resolutions at https://our.umbraco.org/forum/ourumb-dev-forum/bugs/61820-Media-picker-broken *browser empty cache and hard reload *replace /Umbraco/lib/jquery-file-upload/jquery.fileupload-angular.js file from 7.2.2 build
=What did you expect to happen?=
Expected to see a list of media items presented in the selection panel on the right
=What actually happened?=
See attached screenshot
We have also tried the resolutions at https://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-7/using-umbraco-7/61956-Error-in-media-picker-after-updating-721-to-722
*Empty your browser cache and see if that helps *Try going to the /config/ClientDependency.config file and increment the version number and then recycle the app pool. This is clearing the Umbraco backoffice cache. *overwriting the /bin,/umbraco and /umbraco_client folders
We still have the same problem.
I notice this isn't in the issues to be fixed for 7.2.3: https://our.umbraco.org/contribute/releases/723. As it's such a fundamental feature of the CMS, could you give some indication of when this will be investigated?
manually replacing the umbraco/umbraco_client directories manually fixed the issue for me. I belive the issue lied with Nuget not including all changes.
I have tried this again just now (I tried it earlier, see post above). We still have the same problem.
As far as I can see this is the only report of a broken media picker so I have to assume something is not right in your site.
I've just upgraded a site from 7.1.8 to 7.2.2 using NuGet and the media picker works fine. I can only assume that some files were not copied over correctly during your upgrade. I would recommend taking WinMerge and doing a folder compare between the clean Umbraco zip file from https://our.umbraco.org/contribute/releases/722 and your site to see if anything is missing/different.
I have the exact same issue, on a site upgraded from 7.2.1 to 7.2.4; working through the potential fixes now...
For the record, manually copying the umbraco and umbraco_client folders from the clean package into the running site (and then incrementing the ClientDependency version and restarting the app) fixed the issue.
There are no changes in the site in my repo, and as we use msdeploy in our build process, it seems likely that the changes weren't deployed through the UmbracoCms.targets include injected into the build & deploy.
State: Can't Reproduce
Backwards Compatible: True
Affected versions: 7.2.2, 7.2.4
Due in version: