We have moved to GitHub Issues
Created by Eric Schrepel 20 Apr 2015, 16:39:19 Updated by Shannon Deminick 26 Jun 2017, 07:11:21
We're not sure when the change happened, but we had created several macros (since converted to Partial View macros) where the macro names began "2008recommendations", "2014recommendations", etc. Those worked great until very recently.
But tracking down some macro errors today, I see that the aliases for those macros have dropped the initial year, so the aliases for both macros now read just "recommendations".
We also realize this is what has caused some issues in upgrading to 7.2.4 (we're at 7.2.2 now) because Umbraco thinks there are two macros with the same alias (even tho it made that change unannounced).
We've since renamed all those macros and put the year at the end, but it'd be great if, when Umbraco makes a name-scheme change like that, that users get informed "macro aliases can no longer begin with numeric values; these macros will be affected: ___, ___..."
Closing issue due to inactivity - see blog post for details https://umbraco.com/blog/issue-tracker-cleanup/
Backwards Compatible: True
Due in version: