We have moved to GitHub Issues
Created by Sebastiaan Janssen 11 Aug 2015, 17:24:50 Updated by Sebastiaan Janssen 10 Dec 2015, 16:47:08
Is duplicated by: U4-7523
That last one I can reproduce in Firefox (not Chrome).
@sebastiaan the same problem exists in IE11 and Edge in addition to Firefox - it only seems to work correctly in Chrome.
The issue seen with the Document Type Grid editor, which @matt has fixed in the doc type grid editor core.
The Firefox issue is because there's a bug in Firefox, we were doing a:
new Date("2015-08-20 14:11:34")
which results in:
This works perfectly fine in all browsers, and probably used to work in firefox. To fix we are now using "moment" for all date patterns in this property editor.
This issue would surely be causing havoc in a few apps with FF out there.
Thanks Shannon - is there a fix I can apply into my 7.2.8 site for this?
This commit is where it's fixed: https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/commit/10108d75b8746d4697df3feea9ec41eab81f56f7
(though I'm not sure if that's 7.2.8 compatible)
It's just this block that fixes the FF issue:
which should work with 7.2.8
@Shandem thanks - that seems to have worked!
I don't know if it's related, but since our upgrade to 7.2.8, we find the date as displayed in the UI often doesn't match the date in the calendar drop-down (see attached image). So our users get confused. Sometimes picking a date from the calendar then ends up saving a date result that's a day before what they intended to pick on the calendar.
I experience the same issue as @Eric.Schrepel mentioned and opened up UA-7061 to detail the issue.
I have applied the fix to a 7.2.8 release, you can find a hotfix of the file \Umbraco\Js\umbraco.controllers.js at
To apply the patch, simply replace umbraco.controllers.js and update dependency cache.
Note that this issue affects all FF and IE users (http://dygraphs.com/date-formats.html).
According to the Umbraco system requirements, Firefox (Latest) and IE10+ are fully supported browsers, so I find it a little bit disconcerting that a core built-in data type editor simply breaks in a maintenance release without being noticed by the release QA.
This fixed the disconnect between the dropdown calendar and displayed date, thanks a ton. (I realize I'm not well versed in Umbraco patches, so took a moment to understand that clearing the dependency cache meant just deleting app_data/temp/clientdependency folder then hard-reloading the page in Chrome.) Also, this problem affected Chrome as well as FF and IE.
(you should just increment the CDF version in the /config/clientdependency.config fiel)
Assignee: Shannon Deminick
Backwards Compatible: True
Affected versions: 7.2.8
Due in version: 7.3.0