We have moved to GitHub Issues
Created by Shannon Deminick 22 Oct 2015, 08:48:15 Updated by Claus Jensen 18 Nov 2015, 12:42:42
We need to transfer content types using GUIDs in Courier, not aliases. In order to do this we need an upgrade script to normalize all GUIDs for content types so they are consistent between environments (i.e. based on alias + object type)
Migration for normalizing the GUIDs of content types, in core. Core PR: https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/pull/890
Support for handling GUID based
.courier files if Umbraco 7.4 where types have GUIDs.
Courier PR: https://github.com/umbraco/UmbracoDeploy/pull/3
I've pushed changes to the Core PR, found in rev: bf40fc25e6947447f6c11b27d3903b79a9a2f4ac
The Changes for Courier don't include the same functionality for Media types or Member types. This needs to work for all content types.
Moving back to re-opened.
@Shandem I've updated the PR to handle media types and member types. Also realigned the way things are handled in the 3 helpers/persisters so they are more similar (since they are pretty much doing the same anyways) - makes it easier for us to debug and apply fixes in all places.
Please note I've rebased on dev-v7 and forced pushed so you should clear your local branch.. there was a bunch of merge conflicts in the PR it seems.
I've tested that I could create new media types and member types and they were persisted with guid as filename - and could restore on the destination from the guid based file.
The UaaS tests failed because when it was hashing the content types for comparison, the hashes never match because it was trying to use the UniqueId as the hash
I tried to delete all content/media types, then use Courier to send them and that was fine, but when i tried to send all of the media it failed saying that the hashes were incorrect. It turns out that we are including properties that just have whitespace in the hash, so I've now fixed that too. Now transferring works.
@Claus.Jensen I've updated the PR with these changes, i'll need you to review
If you are happy with my changes, please pull in the PR and close - you might want to test the things that failed for me to verify.
Merged in PR and creating new task for remaining testing in 7.4.
Priority: Task - Pri 1
Backwards Compatible: True
Due in version: 7.4.0
Sprint: Sprint 3