U4-7622 - Some translations in backoffice is broken in 7.4.0

Created by Bjarne Fyrstenborg 30 Dec 2015, 02:50:54 Updated by Bjarne Fyrstenborg 05 Feb 2016, 12:18:30

Relates to: U4-7733

Relates to: U4-7901

Relates to: U4-4761

It seems some translations af tree nodes, tabs is still missing in 7.4.0? .. Tested with UmbracoCms.7.4.0-nightly134 Futhermore be aware of if it in plural.

I have changed the user language to Danish.

E.g. for Member section http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-4761

These tranlations should be made from English -> Danish Document Types -> Dokumenttyper Data Types -> Datatyper Relation Types -> Relationstyper Languages -> Sprog Media Types -> Medietyper Members -> Medlemmer Member Types -> Medlemstyper (this was translated in e.g. 7.3.2) Member Groups -> Medlemsgrupper

Tabs: Welcome -> Velkommen Get Started -> Kom i gang

15 Attachments

Comments

Bjarne Fyrstenborg 13 Jan 2016, 21:30:10

In Umbraco version 7.4.0-nightly143 it seems there still need trees nodes, tabs and other labels that not are localized (some of them have been localized in 7.3.x) Mainly it is important Content, Media and Members sections are localized (maybe for Users section too).

I think we should ensure, that text in those sections are localizable.


Bjarne Fyrstenborg 05 Feb 2016, 01:00:00

In 7.4.0-RC1 there also seems to be some issue with translation. Not sure if something is broken with the localization, but for Danish the placeholder text search field in content/media previously said "Søg..." .. now it says "Type to search..."

Several other places that before have been translated to Danish, seems now just to use the English translation, e.g. in User- and Help-dialogs. But also some tabs, buttons and tree nodes.

I know some of the content in e.g. Settings and Developer sections haven't been translated, but much of these translations here have worked before in e.g. 7.3.x - mainly content for Content, Media, Users and Members sections should be localizable - and Umbraco Forms section.


Bjarne Fyrstenborg 05 Feb 2016, 01:36:01

Okay, it seems to work after some time, but it wasn't enough to refresh the page. I had to logout and login before those values were translated. It solved most of these issues, but some tabs like "Get Started", "Content" and "Change Password" (in User-dialog) isn't localized.

I am not sure if there is a way to make a "hard" refresh of the backoffice UI when after changing language for a User and hitting "save", so you see the changes right away.


Claus Jensen 05 Feb 2016, 08:11:05

Hi Bjarne,

For now you need to log out and log back in when changing locale - then all items will be fully translated.

-Claus


Claus Jensen 05 Feb 2016, 12:09:54

Should mention: Of course only the items that are localized will be translated - the user dialog you mentioned had a bunch of missing localizations, so I've added those in earlier today :)


Bjarne Fyrstenborg 05 Feb 2016, 12:18:30

@claus actually in 7.3.x the UI seems to update localization when refreshing backoffice, but from 7.4.0 I have to logout before everything is translated (somehow a part of the backoffice is translated just with a refresh, e.g. section names og context menu items (right-click menu).

Yes, "change password" wasn't translated, but e.g. the buttons in user dialog was, the only thing I noticed was missing to be localizable was "change password" in user-dialog of user-/help-dialogs. I just had to logout first - it wasn't necessary in 7.3.x where it was enough with a refresh :)


Priority: Major

Type: Bug

State: Closed

Assignee:

Difficulty: Normal

Category:

Backwards Compatible: True

Fix Submitted:

Affected versions: 7.4.0

Due in version:

Sprint:

Story Points:

Cycle: