U4-8967 - Linkpicker localization issue

Created by Mark Arndt Lønquist 13 Sep 2016, 06:20:07 Updated by Michael Latouche 17 Aug 2017, 09:29:28

Tags: Up For Grabs

Subtask of: U4-9609

The Umbraco Linkpicker PropertyEditor currently says: "Link to document", but since it actually just links to a website (a node, or a "foreign" website), I believe the better term would be simply "Link".

Also, "Link to file" is not localized, and no matter the language always says "Link to file".

1 Attachments

Comments

Lee Kelleher 12 Oct 2016, 14:43:30

To also add on this, the label for the title is "Page Title" (from localization key @content_nodeName). Would "Link Title" or just "Title" be a better label?


Michael Latouche 19 Oct 2016, 07:45:21

Let me grab this one


Michael Latouche 16 Nov 2016, 12:29:24

Done, created PR 1623 for this: https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/pull/1623


Michael Latouche 06 Dec 2016, 11:50:55

https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/pull/1623


Robert Copilau 11 Aug 2017, 08:56:48

Hey @Mike, I did some changes to the pull requests.

Mainly I have reverted back the translations used for "content_nodeName" and "content_urls" as they are used in other places, and although it make sense to have "Link title" instead of "Page title" in this case, it might not in others.

To fix this I added two brand new keys that are only used in the linkpicker along with the different translations that you added :).

PR:https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/pull/2124


Michael Latouche 17 Aug 2017, 09:29:28

Hey @robertcopilau, thanks :-) !!


Priority: Up for grabs

Type: Cosmetics

State: Fixed

Assignee:

Difficulty: Normal

Category:

Backwards Compatible: True

Fix Submitted: Pull request

Affected versions: 7.4.2

Due in version:

Sprint: Sprint 65

Story Points:

Cycle: