We have moved to GitHub Issues
Created by Dan Booth 30 Jan 2017, 13:08:45 Updated by Dan Booth 22 Feb 2017, 14:58:39
I updated an Umbraco 7.5.5 site that used Archetype (1.13.1) with an Image Cropper property. After the upgrade all Image Cropper fields in Archetype no longer retained uploads i.e. you would see the field, it allowed you to upload an image to the cropper, but when you saved and published nothing appears to be saved to the Media folder. After saving and publishing the image disappears (archetypes saves the Image Cropper JSON but the "src:" value is empty).
Images added before the upgrade are still retained, but if you try and replace them you get the same issue. So this happens when adding a new image cropper image to Archetype.
NB. The upgrade and the package installs were old done via NuGet. This is using latest Archetype (1.13.1). I cleared the entire /App_Data/Temp/ folder between installs. There are no JS console errors.
I replicated this in a fresh install of Umbraco 7.5.8, too, so not just an upgrade issue. If I "downgraded" the clean install to Umbraco 7.5.6. the issue goes away.
Now I realise this may be an issue with Archetype, but as it's a very popular package and this worked prior to 7.5.7 it points to something changing in Umbraco to cause this. I would hope something could be done to keep it working.
I've logged an issue with Archetype, too : https://github.com/kgiszewski/Archetype/issues/384
It doesn't look like Archetype are going to address this. So is it possible to give me any indication of what might have changed in Umbraco so that the Image Cropper doesn't work in it any more? That way at least there is a possibility that I can make a pull request to one of the projects. But currently I have no clue.
I realise this may not seem like a big issue, but bear in mind Archetype has over 70K installs from NuGet alone and is widely used. That's potentially a lot of people who might get bitten by this when they upgrade Umbraco (and it's not obvious when you first upgrade that there's an issue - no errors are generated). It also stops anyone who uses this ever upgrading Umbraco again. And I imagine there are people on Umbraco Cloud who will be automatically upgraded who find key elements of their site stop working.
Can you PLEASE try to upgrade to 7.5.9, this might just be a regression issue that I mentioned: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-9438
@Shandem Sure, will do as soon as I get a chance and will let you know. Thanks.
@Shandem I've updated a site with this issue to 7.5.10 but, unfortunately, the issue remains. (On the plus side 7.5.10 does seem quicker in other areas!).
NB. Found from talking to the Archetype guys that this issue was caused because Umbraco now renames all uploaded files into lower-case.
Backwards Compatible: True
Affected versions: 7.5.7, 7.5.8
Due in version: